Wednesday 21 April 2010

Happy Birthday Queenie!


Well can you believe our lovely Queen is 84 years young today?
So in honour of our Queen and Country I have made an English
Lavender Pillow with a Union Jack on the front, very Chintzy it
is too!
I thought I would have a play with a difference today, as you
can see by the mess, it's fabric time, I intended to cover this

box, same as the Magnolia covered one (see last post)
in fabric with a Union Jack on the top, well that's
how it started!!! Then I liked it so much I thought I
would use it instead to make a little lavender pillow,
all stuffed with my vintage (2005) home grown, organic

Lavender, I cut and dry it every year from my garden
and store it in these old Sweetie Jars!! mmmmm wish you
could smell how lovely it is. All this fabric is either Laura Ashley
or old remnant's from curtains or pillows I've made, plus a
pair of old stretchy jeans cut up too!!!
Here's a little close up of these gorgeous fabrics and braid.
This is the back with silver heart used as a weighted button.
TFL, Happy Crafting, Sue xx

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Sue, this creation is gorgeous. One just want to reach out and touch it. Very creative you are.
Hugs
Desire

coops said...

wow sue, this is really beautiful.gorgeus fabrics and i love lavender and have lots in my garden.luv coops.xx