Thursday 29 April 2010

Classic Cottage Chintz


Hello everyone, hope you have had a productive day today, here
are the lovely Chintzy fabrics I bought on Tuesday aren't they fab!
This is a picture of my old Peg bag! I bought this in Hawaii in 1993
and I do think it has seen better days don't you? although I really
can't bear to throw things away like this, as every time I hang my
washing on the line it brings back such wonderful memories...........
but it has to go.....so here is the new one I made today
With my new chinzy fabric.....
a lace doily that I stitched with ribbon to try to read Pegs!!
don't know if it looks like it though? and then threaded
the ribbon through the outline holes and tied a bow...


I then stitched it on by hand using a green silk thread that
is used for embroidery, as I wanted it quite thick I used all
six strands....

then finished off with some wide green ribbon for the pulls
either side, well I'm quite pleased with it. That sewing
machine is getting a little airing! hee hee
Here is WOYGTT...What's on your Garden Table Thursday!!Lol
I went outside to eat my sandwich at lunch time and where was
Milton!!!

chilling with Zesty the budgie!! ha ha!,,Ooh what a life!!
Here's a close up of that snooze monster!!
Hope you have a lovely evening, TFL, Sue xx

2 comments:

coops said...

wow just love your peg bag, the fabric is gorgeous and love your pets, you cat is absoloutely gorgeous.luv coops.xx

Angie said...

Love the peg bag and 'snooze monster' is adorable.